Natural Hari: FAQ

If I don’t know what products work, how do I know what to buy?
Trial & error. What work for one person may not work for the next. Buy products gradually and try them for a least a week to see if your likes it.

Am I suppose to sleep with a scarf or a bonnet?
Either one as long as its silk or satin.

How often should I co-wash?
As often as you like. I usually co-wash about 5 times a week during the summer. A great conditioner for co-wash is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.

Is it ok to brush my hair?
I only brush or comb my hair when it is wet

Is biotin good for healthy hair growth?
Taking biotin will only benefit you if you biotin deficiency. Your body produces biotin and if you have a deficiency taking biotin supplement will make the level of biotin in your body normal. It will not exceed the normal levels your body will normally produce.

What is essential for healthy hair?
Moisture is important which will keep your hair from breaking and allow you to maintain length.

What products do you use?
Shampoo- Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter (I shampoo once a week)
Conditioner- Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (Co-wash 3-5 times a week)
Deep conditioner- Aussie Moist 3 minute conditioner (Once a week)
Moisturizer- Hawaiian Silky 14n1 (Daily moisturizer)
Oil- Grape seed oil (Seals in the moisturizer)

What advice would you give to a newly natural?
Be patient!! It is a process. Listen to your hair. You really have to learn what your hair needs.

Comments

Popular Posts